The Yaesu FT 891 Transceiver has the capability to connect to a computer and operate data modes. Yaesu sells a cable but it does not come set up for plug and play operation. For what it is, the cable also seems expensive.
The connector on the cable is the same type as the PS2 style keyboard or mouse. After a quick search on amazon, I found several cables. I ordered a 6 foot male to male so the cut off end could be kept as a spare. If you order a non Yaesu cable make sure all pins are connected in the cable.
For this project, I decided to install audio isolation transformers. These are 1:1 audio transformers and isolate the radio from the computer. These are relatively cheap and can be acquired from amazon or an electronics website.
- Making Char Cloth for Your Portable Fire Kit.
- MMSSTV Yeasu FT 891 CAT Control.
- Yaesu FT-891 Sound Card Interface Cable
- Preparing to Modify the 40m Pixie
- Change a Square Wave to A Sine Wave