There are a several ways to construct yagi antennas. One main difference is the radiating element. To experiment with different radiating elements, I am building a yagi that is easily reconfigured. This will make it possible to test different dipoles and see how they perform under real world conditions.
The reflector and director length were calculated using an online Yagi Calculator. The distance between the elements is also listed in the calculator. This will be used as a starting point and can be adjusted.
The boom and elements will be constructed from salvaged tv antenna parts. For the mast, I am hoping to obtain some fiberglass poles. As this project makes progress updates will be made.
- Making Char Cloth for Your Portable Fire Kit.
- MMSSTV Yeasu FT 891 CAT Control.
- Yaesu FT-891 Sound Card Interface Cable
- Preparing to Modify the 40m Pixie
- Change a Square Wave to A Sine Wave